We are less that two weeks away from Can-Con, Ottawa’s own literary convention for speculative fiction. It’s a wonderful and welcoming little convention, with epic paneling. Seriously, go scope out the schedule. I’m really looking forward to the repeat of last year’s blood splatter analysis panel (which I missed), an RCMP sergeant talking real-life police procedure, and the return of Storm Chaser Mark Robinson’s Fantastic Weather Smackdown. As for me, here’s what I’ll be doing:
- Friday, 7:00 PM: Backstories and the Development of Villains
- Friday, 9:00 PM: Bundoran Press Release Party for Falcon’s Edge and Second Contacts. I’ll be doing a short reading from my story Soil of Truth.
- Saturday, 1:00 PM: The Role of Editorial Voice in Acquiring Stories, speaking about my experiences as Editorial Assistant for Beneath Ceaseless Skies
- Saturday, 7:00 PM: Fantasy Novels, A readers’ panel
- Sunday, 12:00 PM: Reading from a selection of my short stories
Also, the Dealers Room is open to the public all weekend. In addition to tons of great books from Canadian writers and publishers, there are comics and geekiness PLUS trick-or-treating and a coffin photo booth. Bundoran Press will have copies of Second Contacts for sale if you are looking to pick up a copy (and you might spy me at the table). 🙂